Postdoctoral Scholar Position
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Engineering
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Research/Scientific
Harada lab is seeking a motivated, independent, creative post-doctoral researcher to join my lab in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Institute for Quantitative Health Sciences (IQ) at Michigan State University. Our lab focuses on studying a role of Extracellular vesicles (EVs) in disease development and chemotherapeutic resistance, also on developing EV-based gene therapy for diseases such as type 1 diabetes and cancer.
The project will focus on developing an EV-based treatment using molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry with human cells, tissues and in vivo mouse models. The candidate with significant and published experience in molecular/cell/cancer biology is preferred. Experience in extracellular vesicles using in vivo and in vitro models and additional skills in bioinformatics are positively evaluated.
Specifically, the successful applicant will be expected to:
- Carry out experiments and generate high quality data involving EV-related technologies;
- Evaluate, adopt, develop and optimize the existing and novel technologies in the field of EV research;
- Follow the literature, write manuscripts and funding applications;
- Make local and external presentations related to EV research;
- Mentor undergraduate and graduate students in the lab
The position is available for 1 year with potential for renewal based on performance and funding.
Doctorate -Medical Science/Bioscience
The candidate must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Medical Science, Bioscience or related field, and preferably no more than 3 years postdoctoral experience. Applicants with MD degree with at least one year postdoctoral research experience are eligible to apply.
Required Application Materials
Please submit your CV; names and contact information for three referees who may be contacted if requested by the department; a letter explaining your experience, career goals, and interest in the position; and up to three relevant publications.
Review of applications will continue until filled.
Please contact the Principal Investigator, Dr. Masako Harada (mashar at egr.msu.edu), for more details.
Summary of Health Risks
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue, and body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precaution;
- Work with animals and unfixed animal tissue.